Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Post

Welcome to our first post. I’m not a blogger, but we feel like this is the best way to keep people informed.

For years, adoption has been on our hearts. We knew after Landen was born Kim could not have any more biological children, but we also felt like we weren’t done yet. I never had a clear vision of how we were going to adopt, but situations would come up all the time where I would think “Is that how it’s going to happen?”. Well, God started answering that question this year.

In January, we felt like it was time to actively pursue adopting a child. We started by praying as a family about what steps we needed to take. Initially, we tried to remain open to all possibilities for adoption, both domestic and international, private or through foster care. The more we researched and prayed over our options, it came down to two choices. The first was to adopt through the foster care system. The other was to adopt from Ethiopia. After much prayer and research, we have chosen to apply to adopt a baby from Ethiopia.

Obviously this is a big undertaking so we have many prayer concerns. Please pray for us as we start the application process. Pray for favor in both the eyes of the adoption agency (Children’s Hope International) and in the eyes of the Ethiopian government. Pray for the financial aspects of the adoption. God has already blessed us during the start of the process, please pray for continued guidance. Also pray for the physical, mental and spiritual life of our child. It is difficult to think about our son or daughter being born somewhere and we won’t get to meet him/her for months.

Thank all of you in advance for the time you spent praying. I can’t tell you how much we appreciate it.

In Christ,
Jim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys! Great post...we will be praying for God's plan for your family! Love, The Minnes

Anonymous said...

You know how much we love you and the "new little Jack"
I will pray that God will swadle warmly, rock gently and sing softly to our baby until he or she is in your arms.

Natalie said...

We will join you in prayer!
Natalie and David Dickey

betsy said...

Ok, it's officially been too long since I've seen y'all because I didn't even know about any of this. Not okay. I'm so excited for you guys and will be praying that God will give you peace knowing that whatever happens is his sovereign will. Love you guys and tell Kim, Alex, Avery, and Landen hi from me!

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know that I am praying for you daily, and am eager to hear any news! Annette

Beck said...

I'm stoked with this decision!!!
ya'll chose the cool route! hahaha
Love you guys!