Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ethiopia

Where do I even begin? First, the internet is not very reliable, so this will be much shorter than I would normally write. We arrived in Ethiopia at 10:30am (1:30 am Texas Time) Saturday morning,

We got to meet Samuel at 2:00pm! He is perfect except for the fact his pictures do not do him justice. We had to leave him at the transition house until Monday. The trip has been great. We left Sunday Morning and drove 5 hours south of Addis Ababa to a town called Awasa. Sunday afternoon, we got to meet Samuel’s birth mother.

Kim knew the minute we saw her that she was his mother. They have the same eyes. I don’t know why I am surprised when God works in my life, but I was surprised today. She is very young (18) and her husband passed away suddenly while she was pregnant. She was not able to support Samuel, but was afraid of adoption. Her father is a pastor, and as he prayed with her about what to do. God clearly told him that Yideg (Samuel) was going to be raised in a house that served the Lord, and that this adoption was the right thing to do.

Wow. God is bigger than (fill in the blank).

Please continue to pray for us. We drive back to Addis Ababa tomorrow and we get to take Samuel with us the rest of the trip. I will try to update as much as possible.

In Christ,

Jim

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God is awesome! What an amazing testament of His faithfulnees to work all things together for good- His good and yours! We are praising God with you and continuing to lift you up in prayer while we wait to welcome you home and meet Samuel!!!

Sophie said...

What a beautiful picture.
Thank you for taking the time to share these precious moments with us.
Still thinking about you three all the time.

Melinda said...

That is so exciting!! I had tears of joy as I read your celebration! I will continue to pray for the family, and your safety.
See you soon :)
~Melinda